COVID RENT RELIEF
Am I Eligible?
If you are a landlord who has one or more eligible renters, you can apply to get reimbursed for 80% of each eligible renter’s unpaid rent between April 1, 2020, and March 31, 2021, if you agree to waive the remaining 20% of unpaid rent for that specific time period.
- All payments must be used to satisfy the renter’s unpaid rent for the period between April 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021
- Your renters must take steps to verify that they meet eligibility requirements and sign the application
- Your renter’s household income must be at or below 80% of the Area Median Income (AMI)
Before applying, you will need*:
- Property Deed(s)
- Mortgage Note(s)
- Property Tax Statement
- Copy of Property Insurance Statement
- Lease or rental agreement reflecting renter’s name, residence address, and monthly rent due.
If you have 10 or more tenants and would like to upload information for all of them at once when you apply, please fill out this form.
Laws enforced by the Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH) protect you from illegal discrimination and harassment in housing based. If you believe you are a victim of illegal discrimination or harassment, please contact the DFEH at 800-884-1684 or www.dfeh.ca.gov.
Participation in, and funds provided through the rental assistance program will not impact other state or federal public assistance or benefits provided to the applicant.